Blaze rips through Chinese workers’ housing in Sihanoukville

Source : Khmer Times 

Onlookers watch the blaze in Preah Sihanouk province. Nokor Wat

A fire on Wednesday afternoon ripped through a two-storied lodging for Chinese construction workers and damaged sixteen rooms and some household items, but no one was injured in the incident in Sihanoukville’s Bey commune.

Bou Sothy, Preah Sihanouk fire department chief, yesterday confirmed the incident, but referred further questions to his deputy who was directly involved in fighting the blaze.

The fire did not lead to any injuries, but damaged the rooms being used to house the construction workers. Nokor Wat

The deputy, Khim Sotheary, said that the fire resulted from a short circuit caused by a phone charger.

“The fire happened because the workers often leave their phone chargers on even when not in use,” he said. “It ripped through the two-storied building which had sixteen rooms to house the construction workers.”

“Upon receiving a report, we sent three fire trucks, two from our department and one from the provincial military police to the scene,” he added.

Mr Sotheary said firemen took about an hour to completely put out the fire.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s