Club fire kills one, injures two

Source : Khmer Times 

An unoperated nightclub was fired over the weekend. Fresh New

A fire ripped through a nightclub under construction in Kandal province’s Ponhea Leu district on Saturday, killing one repairman and seriously injuring two of his colleagues.

District police chief Captain Duong Teng, Ponhea Leu said the fire was caused by sparks from welding that fell onto a sofa as the three workers installed air conditioners.

“The club owner ordered nine air conditioners to install them in the club. The club is not yet open; it is still under construction,” he said. “We still don’t know exactly, but it is likely that the fire was caused by welding sparks that fell onto a sofa.”

“We took part in the extinguishing of the fire, but our district does not have fire trucks, so we requested the trucks from the provincial police,” he added. “One person died and two were seriously injured.”

Cap Teng said the fire completely destroyed the building, leaving only a steel skeleton.

“Everything inside the club was burnt down. Only the skeleton of the building remains,” he said.

Provincial police identified the deceased as Ath Sovann, 24.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s